Friday, October 9, 2009

Can We Talk? My Reasons For Recommending Certain Blogs and Sites

Are you like me--when you read a blogger's blog or site recommendation, do you wonder what the blog or site is all about (if the reason isn't obvious in the title)? In case we share this tendancy, here's a brief description of what can be found on them. And going forward, when you share a blog or site you really like, would you do the same--give a quick description of its focus and why you like it? Websites first:

Shirley J: Shirley J is a line of just-add-water food products that have been tested in commercial kitchens by master chefs for over 30 years, and now they're available to the public. A friend introduced me to them in April and I've been hooked ever since. They save me a ton of time. I made my husband some muffins to eat on his drive to work this morning while I was packing his lunch. All I did was add water to this mix--they knocked his socks off!

Mary Jane's Farm: Her site, magazine, blog, products, classes, etc. all promote farmgirl sisterhood. Her motto is, "It's not where you live, but how you live." If you don't love this site as much as I do, I owe you a root beer!

Provident Parent: Square foot gardening, how to conquer clutter, time-saving tips, parenting ideas, money-saving ideas...the list goes on. All things parenting/family are found here.

Movie Picks: A very dependable source of good movie/DVD recommendations.

The Frugal Girls: Great source of money-saving tips, ideas, resources. Terrific!

Cook'n: The #1 cooking/baking software in the world is sold here. But what's especially cool is their very well-written newsletters--one is free, another is subscription-based. And they feature monthly product offers that are just wonderful.

Care2: If you're concerned about the environment and want to be more green, this is the site to tell you how to do it. Great recipes, how-tos, health information, home tips, etc.

Grass Stain Guru: Find the best inspiration and ideas for getting the family outside and into nature again! Fun reading and so informative.

Green Hour: Part of the Nat'l Wildlife Federation and overseer of Ranger Rick and other kids' nature magazines, this is a great place to find the impetus to get outside again!

Now the blogs:

Like Mother, Like Daughter: Chock full of homemaking information, simplification ideas, recipes, and inspiration.

50's Housewife: Same thing--great photos--REALLY inspiring--the author knows what matters most.
Project Domestication: My friend, Becky, is crazy in love with cupcakes (and baking in general). She shares her expertise, ideas, inspiration, and creativity. FUN!

Well, happy reading and exploring. And until next time, here's to making family dinner hour possible!




2 comments:

  1. Wow, that's a list that will keep me going for a while! Thanks for sharing all those!

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you will especially like Mary Jane Butter's site. Let me know...

    ReplyDelete