Have you heard of GSE--Grapefruit Seed Extract? In the years since its discovery, grapefruit seed extract has been tested and validated by the FDA, USDA, the Pasteur Institute in France, and numerous physicians. The active ingredient of grapefruit seed extract is non-toxic and is synthesized from the seed and pulp of certified organically grown grapefruit. The process converts the grapefruit bioflavonoids (polyphenolics) into an extremely potent compound that is being used to kill strep, staph, salmonella, E. Coli, candida, herpes, influenza, parasites, fungi, and more.
GSE has been proven in laboratory tests to be 10 to 100 times more effective as a disinfectant than chlorine, colloidal silver, and iodine.
Because of all this research that shows how powerful (it's a natural anti-biotic, anti-fungal, anti-protozoan, anti-viral, antiseptic) and safe GSE is, and because we find bleach objectionable, we now clean and disinfect exclusively with GSE.
And we're in good company. Grapefruit Seed Extract also is becoming the disinfectant and sanitizing agent of choice for many hospitals and clinics throughout the U. S. In the laundry, it rids linen of fungi and bacteria--just ten to fifteen drops of GSE added to the final rinse water disinfects a large load of laundry. They add it to their carpet shampoo machines--just ten to fifteen drops per gallon in the reservoir is effective in killing staph, strep, aspergillus, salmonella and many other pathogenic organisms that are present in carpet.
This amazing product is even used to clean fungus and mildew off swimming pools and birdbaths. So it makes perfect sense, then, to use it as the disinfectant of choice when cleaning our homes and sanitizing our kitchens. Here's what www.dirtworks.net tells us GSE does and how to do it:
- Toothbrush Cleaner: Stir 5-10 drops of NutriBiotic GSE into a glass of water. Submerge toothbrush for 15 minutes (or leave in between uses). Rinse toothbrush before using. Change water and remix every few days.
- Vegetable/Fruit or Meat/Poultry Wash: Sink washing - Add 30 drops of NutriBiotic GSE to a sink full of cold water. Briefly soak any vegetables, fruit, meat or poultry. Spray washing - Add 20 or more drops of NutriBiotic to a 32 oz. pump sprayer filled with water. Spray on any vegetables, fruit, meat or poultry.
- Dish and Utensil Cleaning Additive: Add 15-30 drops of NutriBiotic GSE to sink dish washing water or to final rinse. Add 15-30 drops to automatic dishwasher with detergent or to final rinse.
- Cutting Board Cleaner: Apply 10-20 drops of NutriBiotic GSE to cutting board and work into entire board with a wet sponge or dish cloth. Leave on for at least 30 minutes. Rinse with water.
- All Purpose Cleaner: Add 30-60 drops of NutriBiotic GSE to any 32 oz. pump sprayer filled with water or cleanser. Kills mold on all surfaces.
And one final suggestion for GSE use: If you make green smoothies, add 8 to 10 drops to your smoothie each day--grapefruit seed extract is a terrific immune booster. That's how safe it is--we can actually ingest it!
So when the meal is over and it's time to clean up the kitchen, put a family member in charge of spraying all cleared surfaces with this super disinfectant. A quick wipe-down, and everything is clean, sanitized, and ready for the next meal. This easy-to-use cleaner is safe for all surfaces, too--even marble, granite, tile, wood, etc. So here's to keeping the kitchen sparkling and sanitized each day as we make family family dinner hour possible!