Tuesday, February 21, 2012
Unusual Uses for the Dishwasher!
For instance, it cleans so many more things besides dishes:
* Children's action figures (top rack, in a mesh laundry bag)
* Ceramic cabinet knobs (in basket)
* Fan grilles, switch plate covers, and vent covers (plastic, aluminum, steel)
* Flip flops (top rack); WHO KNEW?
* Hair brushes and combs (not wood or boar bristle, however)
* Knee pads, shin guards, and mouth guards (top rack)
* Light fixture covers (top rack; not painted, enameled, or antique)
* Rain boots (positioned horizontally, liners removed)
* Tools with metal or plastic handles; we're going to use this idea to sterilize our hand garden pruners!
And we have one more idea for the dishwasher. Come canning season, consider:
* Parboiling your ears of corn before freezing the kernels. Peel the cobs, remove as much silk as possible, then position them upright on the top and bottom racks. Set the washer for rinse using your hottest water. This rinse plus the steam produced will prepare the corn for perfect freezing!