Thursday, March 15, 2012

SUBMITTED IDEAS FOR THE USE OF A COOKIE SCOOP AND THE BIG WINNER!

 Hot Dog! We received some interesting ideas for using a cookie scoop. We thought you might like to know all the ideas that were shared and find out who the winner of the cookie scoop is.


First we should let you know that even if you didn't give us an idea but responed to the blog we put your name in the drawing. It was a lot of fun egging you on for responses via face book. You came through with shining colors and we appreciate it. There are so many awesome ideas for using a cookie scoop, and here they are;

Rachael Mills said " I use a cookie scoop for melon balls, cookie dough, taking the seeds out of apple slices, and all sorts of other fun things. I would love to have a variety of sizes to chose from.


Amy Woolery said "I have to laugh because I don't know how to scoop cookies without a scoop.... :) But I love using mine for baking of course. Cookies, Cake Pops, Cupcakes, etc... I've never made meatballs before and will have to use your recipe sometime. I hope I win!


Tyler and Erin said "I've got to invest in one of these. Don't know why I've never bought one. Maybe my cookies would start looking better.;)


Susan Christensen said "Ooh, I hope I win!!! My cookie scoop is broken. The giant scoop is the perfect size for filling standard muffin pans, and then all your muffins or cupcakes turn out the same size. My kids always want me to make meatballs, but I never do because it's such a pain to roll all the little balls. I'll have to try using the cookie scoop for them - great ideas!


Heather Wolfley said " I always make an extra batch of cookie dough ... then, I scoop cookie dough on a cookie sheet and freeze. About 24 hours later, I put the cookies in a ziploc baggie according to size. I use the small and large scoops, kids cookies and adult cookies. Perffect for V.T. or sending my hubby with warm cookies for home teaching. When you cook them you add 2 minutes and cook at the same temp.


Debbie Wolfley Langley said " A cookie scoop makes the perfect size dollop of sour cream to garnish baked potatoes and Mexican dishes. It also makes a perfect size butter ball to go with potatoes or breads. I use my larger scoop to scoop up mashed potatoes to make a fancy ball that can be rolled in parsley of chives mixed with bread crumbs and a bit of melted buter.


Shelly Wolfley Horsley said "I use mine to scoop muffin batter into muffin tins. Perfect size!


Janene Stott said "I use my cookie scoop to stuff manicotti shells.


Sarah Fulton said "It's great for making uniform hush puppies. Scoop the perfect amount right into the hot oil. Also great for bon bons. Scoop balls of ice cream, freeze then dip in chocolate and freeze again. Love, love, love!!!


Vera Bokermann Fraizer said "Meatballs!


Kristen Klein said "Frozen peaches for smoothies:)


Juli Stosich Ethington said "Well, I've used mine for COOKIES, of all things. But they make good melon scoops or ice cream.


Alyce Hillman said " I would, but for some reason I can't leave comments on your site. So good luck everyone!
I SHOULD EXPLAIN THAT AT THE END OF THE BLOG SHOULD BE THE WORD " COMMENT" AND IF YOU CLICK ON THAT WORD IT SHOULD LET YOU LEAVE A COMMENT BUT MANY PEOPLE LEAVE COMMENTS ON FACE BOOK.


Cammie Wolfley said " Iv'e never used one because I don't have one, but I really want one! It would make cooking making a lot faster.


Kim Hall said "I was just thinking yesterday how much I could use a cookie scoop! I use a spoon, which usually ends up with me using my hands.


Stephenie Peterson Rice said "I have 3 and use them for all kinds of things from making uniform muffins and cupcakes to scooping fruit.


Brookie Wolfley Romriell said " I like wise have never had a cookie scoop so I don't know what I'm missing
but 2 spoons has always worked for me.


Joyce Barnson said " How about for mashed potatoes lining hot dogs, covered with cheese? A quick and easy meal.


Oops! I forgot sweet Pamela Susan, she said:Pamela Susan wait wait wait! i'm never on fb anymore and i just saw this, so maybe you can squeeze an extra one in to make 13? :) And what funny timing--I was at Mom and Dad's today and used one to make cookies and was telling Ellen how I need to get one for my own. ha! I think these would also be handy for scooping bath bombs for baths... you could make it look like ice cream! :


Janalynn McLelland Young  (liked)
Racheal Seitzinger (liked)


So there you go! Lots of great ideas. We put all your names in a bowl and  picked a name at random. AND THE WINNER IS ... Susan Christensen!  We will be getting your ice cream to you soon.


Thanks everyone for these fantastic ideas! We wish we could give all of you one of these beautiful scoops.


Doesn't this help so much when you get ideas form lots of people. So many thing to learn and so many ways to make life easier in the kitchen.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats to Susan! Love your idea of using the ice cream scoop for meatballs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't forget you in the drawing but I did forget to post your comment. I pasted it in. Good idea:) I sure love you!

    ReplyDelete